Frequently Asked Questions about your website
In your MS IE browser, go to ‘Tools’ in the top menu, then ‘Internet Options’, ‘Security’, Custom Level, and then down at the bottom of that option window, you have three scripting options that you can enable or disable. To have Java Script working, you have to enable the first two options; ‘Active Scripting’ and ‘Allow paste operations via scripting’. The third option, ‘Scripting of Java Applets’, is not necessary for this site and should not be enabled..
The most important thing about your web site is your message. In marketing terms this is called a Value Proposition.
Why should some one reading your web site and particularly your HomePage bother to read on? It is because you have said something which is of value to them. You are offering something – it may be information – interesting, amusing or of direct value – it may be goods and services which are better than competing goods and services – better because they are better quality – higher value for the price – cheaper – additional features – or you offer additional services.
Whatever your Value Propositionis, make sure that you are clear about it and that you can write it up clearly. Then place it prominently on your site. Everything on your site – all the words – the images – the style and the colour-ways should be selected to reflect your Value Proposition.
You will need an ISP/email address. This is obtained through any large provider Xtra, Clear, Maxnet. They will charge you a base figure and may charge more for traffic in excess of some limit.
Alternatively we can do this for you – a Domain Name and Domain Name Server set-up will typically costs less than $60 pa.
If you have a digital camera it will usually come with some software which will capture your pics and allow you to trim them and adjust them in various ways.
Yes! Any graphic can be used on any page.You can upload and postion your graphics anywhere on any page.
Note: It is recommended that Homepages do not exceed 40KB in total (including all graphics) and other pages less than 25KB (Excluding graphics already downloaded from previous pages).
Yes! Photographs are just graphics. If any manipulation is required only the following types can be handled:
.psd, .tiff, .cdr, .png, .jpg, .gif, .ai, .fh10.
Anyone can see your site if they know the URL (sitename). Furthermore a few search engines will find your site and index it. Some search engines do this automatically without any action by you or us. Usually you will want lots of people to see your site and so you will endeavour to get your site indexed by many such engines. We can help you do this. Sites can sometimes by found by guessing and of course by mistake.
Some search engines have people examine your site and classify it. Some search engines index only the “meta-tags” on the home page or on all pages. Many search engines take over 2 months to examine or re-examine every site in the world. Try using search engines to find your site using each meta-tag you have included.
A meta-tag is a word or phrase (separated by a comma) entered onto each page of your site to help search engines index the page. Different search engines have different strategies. These strategies change as they are improved and changed to block ways of manipulating the results.
Some search engines only use the meta-tags on the homepage. Some search engines examine all your text. In general they do not inspect images. Therefore words that are technically images are not indexed. Put in tags for all the words that your customers may use when looking for products like yours. Put in phrases as well in this form “Beauty, Beauty Products, hair gel, moisturising cream”.
Ask visitors to register if you have an offer which makes it worthwhile for the customer. You must overcome a reluctance to register because of concerns that they will get spam or advertising material from you or from others (because you may pass their address on to others) which is not in areas they are specifically interested in.
What is in it for them? Special deals, prizes, useful content newsletters – it has to have value!
You can then use emails to promote your services or products.
Once users are registered you can classify them and make available selected pages only to them.
A “Table of Contents” (ToC) is a section at the top of a page with a list of all the subsequent sections. Each line in the ToC is actually a link to the content further down the page.
At the end of each section is a “Top” symbol which takes you back to the
FAQs are Frequently Asked Questions.
They are a very powerful sales aid not only in the Information Giving sales phase but also in the Objection Removal phase. Every time you are asked a question think about whether this question might be cast in a form that many people may ask. Write a general answer that will satisfy at least 80% of people who may ask that question. Kept the language simple. Complex technical questions should route the technician to text written in technical language. Put the simple questions in an FAQ page.
This practice is now so common that it is usual to have an FAQ link on the home page. It is usual to provide a Table of Contents for these questions.
Article sponsored by PowerFlush Services, best power flush London has going.
Benefits of Outsourcing to India
Are there any benefits of outsourcing to India, or to any country where English is not the first language?
If none, then why do web content providers established in India appear to be thriving? Actually, only one benefit emerges from outsourcing to India for website building purposes–the price.
One of the reasons why it is much cheaper than outsourcing to American web content providers and web design specialists is because India has an excessive amount of college graduates with degrees oriented towards all aspects of information technology.
With so many graduates needing employment and flooding the workforce, outsourcing remains cheap and easy to come by. Unfortunately, many website owners are not aware of this and expeditiously hire the services of an Indian company, only to be disappointed and frustrated by the results.Think Twice Before Outsourcing to India
Although it is tempting to save money by using an Indian-based webmaster or content “farm”, often the benefits of outsourcing to India stop at the price. Site owners who have experience with Indian companies generally have suffered from issues such as:
- Severe problems with grammatical and phrasing errors in web content
- Sloppy and uninspired website creation
- Communication troubles due to language and cultural differences
- Outsourced projects found to be copied and resold to competing sites
- Poorly executed programming which constantly needs “patching” up (known as “spaghetti programming”)
- Indian outsourcing companies are infamous for having a high-turnover rate of developers, leading to instability and lack of incentive on the part of the programmers
- Dishonesty about knowledge of the English language just to get the job
- Good Indian programmers are hired by financial institutions and prestigious software agencies–outsourcing companies are merely hiring those who cannot find jobs elsewhere due to lack of ability
- Confidentiality issues may arise if outsourcing payroll or other classified information to a foreign company
- Delivery times can be questionable due to the turnover rate of outsourced programming and writing companies – Outsourcing Web Content Writing from India
- Have you ever visited a website and started reading the content, only to stop, puzzled. The website appears to be US-based, but what you are reading is almost incomprehensible, with awkward phrasing; using words and phrases that no American would ever use. Not only that, but the same phrase (the keyphrase) appears in every other sentence, most of the time, not making any sense at all.
Chances are you had stumbled across a website with content written, most probably by, Indian or Pakistani content writers.
Obvious problems of bad content are:
- Poor grammar
- Keyword stuffing
- Syntax errors
- Awkward phrasing
- Improper references
- Sentences containing wrongly conjugated verbs will immediately signal search engines that something is not quite right with the site.
- Bad content on your website will have the following result:
- Low to no page rank by the search engines
- Little to no traffic
- Visitors click in and out of the site, without moving deeper into the site
- Requests for link exchanges are denied
- Poor sales conversionBad Content is Costly
- If “content is king”, bad content is deadly. When search engines like Google encounter bad content, it won’t be just that page containing the bad content that is not ranked, but they may demote the entire website or even refuse to give it any ranking at all.
So, while quality content can be costly, the benefits of outsourcing to India for web content are non-existent. You’ve heard the proverb “penny wise and pound foolish”. While you might save a few cents on cheap content, the overall cost could be astronomical. Do it Right the First Time.
Why not do it right the first time? At Web Content Provider, all of our writers are born and raised in either the United State or the United Kingdom, and English is not their second language. In addition, they are not fresh-faced kids just out of college who have never held a job, travel the world or experienced life.
Our writers are mature adults, many with college degrees, and knowledge gained by work and life experiences. This often allows them to create unique content, by applying their experiences, education and training, instead of only researching and repeating what’s already been said on other websites.
Not only that, but our writers are trained to use the keyphrase in such a way, that when you add your keyphrase bottom of the page as a link back to the index page, your page will pass the Analyzer just about 100% of the time! No keyword stuffing or keyphrase spamming here.
Before you make a mistake, thinking you are going to experience the benefits of outsourcing to India, think again. Let us show you what we can do. You will thank us, your visitors will thank you, and ultimately your wallet will thank you.